Thursday, March 3, 2011

Recuperating from my blog sabbatical


This is what happens when work dictates your 24 hours every day. But staying committed  to your passions would not have hurt a solid one hour at least on weekends. Although i was distracted away from writing, but true to the previous statement  i have committed my weekends to my other passion, i.e. Reading. I sure did got off the writing road and flagged down a taxi for the reading land. During my stay there, i summoned Salman Rushdie's Historical fiction- Midnight's Children, had a joyous ride with Sophie Kinsella's heroines, analysed George Bush's presidential decisions from his memoir, appreciated individualism portrayed by Ayn Rand's characters from The Fountainhead and finally could not get enough of drama and mystery from Lisa See's novels. This list might take few more lines if said in full.

 The warm putrid air in the subway car, the sound of mixer blades blending ice cubes with coffee at Starbucks, sparkle of  lazy sun rays making way through window blinds, the mild swing of hammock while i rest made those hours of reading worthwhile saving from being lost in memory.



Reading, like movies or theater is a form to try peer unobtrusively at author's ideas. The best ideas which surprise you, weep you, smear a joy streak across your face and marry you to the book till the end. Hopefully this enormous insight and experience i got from my reading break will help in organizing my thoughts into beautiful words...wish me luck :)

No comments: