Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Took the trash out.....

Last week i felt the weight of trash on me in tons. An accumulation not surrounding me but inside my mind. Although my yoga classes helped me to clean the toxins inside my body but could do only little to clean the toxins that occluded my thoughts. Procrastination has been a frenemy till now. But somehow i got bounced back to realty for all good reasons and  realized it is the time to declutter  the brain cells. And so i initiated a philanthropic effort to help my needy mind.

Catching up with old friends always gives you a freshness to the buried memories. This task was indeed first on my list. Just a phone call to dear old friend swept off the cobwebs of  lifestyle induced Amnesia.

When i swiped my library card while checking out Malcolm Gladwell's "The Outliers", little did i realize how much energy this book is going to pass onto me. A thought provoking book on how human thinking is falsely misguided with conventional wisdom.



A marathon of  Tom and Jerry and The Little Mermaid have truly brought back the relaxation and child's excitement to the windows of my brain which on a rather regular day are glued to unending lines of code. There might be only a handful out there who wont agree that Ariel's youthful exuberance will lift off your spirits. The rest, you very well know how i must have felt watching those videos.

Whether its summer or not, a Watermelon on my kitchen counter always gives me a glimpse of summer. When i blend its interiors into thick juice and drink, i always feel like summer has skipped its routine just to shook me with mirth. I did treat myself for this, just one more time.



There could not be any better day in an entire year that Holi must have choosen than choosing last saturday. Holi, a word which resonates with "Holy" is an Indian festival mostly know among unknowns as " Festival of colors". The vibrant colors on and around me infused an effervascent oxygen like matter into my complexified molecules which gained double momentum afterwards. 

Best things that revitalize us are everytime around us but we just fail to attend to our surroundings everyday. I realized i should take cues from things which are least important in life but have most impact when acknowledged.

 Do you sometimes feel your mind is filled with trash? What do you do to flush these mental toxins?

1 comment:

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I find that exercise helps to clear out the mind-- and change.