Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tip of The Day 1

The whole long weekend for me was filled with Boston, Long drive, Friends and Fun . As much as i loved my weekend escape, i am little guilty about not concentrating on my WIP. And now i am back on track with my novel. Although i missed my writing time past 3 days,  i managed to finish reading the book " The 3 Mistakes of My Life " by Chetan Bhagat, an Indian Writer. 




Chetan's characters are young, ambitious and passionate and have the same moral, social and religious dilemmas as many of the young Indians today. At the same time their context and sensibility too is unabashedly Indian.

You can find more information about Chetan and his works at http://chetanbhagat.com/

Chetan's light weight, vivid story telling in this book extracted few extra hours out of my vacation time. The book indeed was worth it. I am planning to finish other 3 books from the author in near future.

And moving on, I am starting a new post from today. I will be posting " Tip of The Day" for writers frequently. I made this necessary initiative to keep my writing on track without any long breaks. I will be more than happy if these tips helps other writers too. 

Here is the first TIP of The Day from Paul Raymond Martin:

" I used to preach that a writer must be disciplined. Seat of the pants to seat of the chair. Write every day. Blah, blah, blah. I no longer believe that.

Writing is a matter of desire, not discipline. If you want to write, that's what you'll do. If you want to write you'll rearrange the circumstances of your life to make it possible.

If you want to write, you can't not write! "

So friends, did you read any interesting book over the long weekend. Do you have any writing tips ? 
Share your thoughts!!!

1 comment:

Leah said...

I love light reads, I'll definitely check out that book. And I agree with you, writing should be done when you are in the mood to do so. Writers are artists and moods are important. xoxo