Sunday, June 27, 2010

Love of signs or signs of Love?

DFTP is driving this week's Poetry Bus and has an interesting prompt for us. Roads, signs, imagination and lot more.

And here is my response to get onto the poetry bus. Lets feed the pixies!

A divine angel flew to
no parking any time earth zone
Seeing her descend into the woods
my sharp and subtle senses
evaporated like dew drops under sun
The immense ocean of love asked
my heart to stop there on red
and the speed limit went down to zero
I realised a rail road crossing
had in store for me this day
Hiding from her eyes,
i followed her onto a winding road
and onto a slippery road until she disappeared
and the blissful detour ended abrupt
Dejected from the road closed
I took one way ride for several years
until one day my destiny road narrowed
and i got a ticket to meet her again
We met, we spoke like divided highways
long waited to meet....
Then came a day when divided road ended
and the two lanes merged into a wedlock.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shilpa what a great creation
I love the journey you've taken us on
"Then came a day when divided road ended
and the two lanes merged into a wedlock. "
Brilliant

Jinksy said...

A divine angel flew to
no parking any time earth zone

I love the picture that these words conjured up!

Dave King said...

An original "take" on the subject. IK agree with jinksy, I was influenced throughout the poem b y the vision conjured up by those opening lines

Rachel Fox said...

Love this bit
"The immense ocean of love asked
my heart to stop there on red"
x

Peter Goulding said...

Possibly would have a look at the two 'divideds' near the end but otherwise a great metaphor!!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Some lovely imagery on this journey of true love!

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Hi Shilpa

I really enjoyed your fresh take on the idea - it never would have occured to me that the signs could be in the stars!

Excellent stuff and thanks for joining along

Argent said...

Very cleverly constructed and tender.

Shilpa said...

Thank Guys....means so much to me...