Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Initiative

I am so happy to write this post. As i proceed on, i started this blog to post my views and my poetry for a specific group of audience who can share the passion that i crawl for. But little did i realized that this blogging world has pumped the much needed fuel into my ambition of writing a book. Evidently, a novel. Initially i was much more focused on compiling a book that portrays  my verses. This book is in its early stage now and it would definitely take some more time till i can see the finished product. But now i am very happy to share the news that i am diving into an ocean of creative writing that can help me deliver a beautiful novel. For this thing to happen i really need support of all the novel writers, publishers, critics and much importantly friends who can guide me, support me, advice me and warn about the potholes in this journey.

There are lot of people who helped me to nurture this idea. And i thank all of them starting with,
1)Mom: She is the most important part of my life, who constantly encouraged reading and supported financially to fill in my library with the most magnificent books on the planet.
2) My school: For all those literary competitions viz lyric writing, debates, essay writing etc
3)My Friends: For pulling out time to listen to my works even though they were never interested.
4)My blogger Buddy Saumya: She is a true inspiration, very talented and a good soul.Though i knew her only few months now, she gave me much needed push without her knowledge.
5)Ooha(means Imagination in my native language): This is the name i gave to my alterego. She is much more bolder and risk taker than i am. She constantly wants to do something different, something worthwhile that gives this life an added value.

My work will fall in the Genre which includes works by Jhumpa Lahari, Anita Desai, Kiran Desai  and Arundhati Roy. No comparison with  these legends but i am giving an idea about my style of story telling.

So, I welcome all of you who visit my blog, to post your suggestions/experiences and share the fun and frolic each day. Do watch me starting out, getting marinated, plunging in, getting deep fried, tumble washed and hung out dry. Enjoy.



1 comment:

Natasha said...

Jhumpa Lahiri is one of my favourite authors.
Anita Desai is not on you list- I personally think her books are better than those of her daughter.

And have you read Moni Moshin?