Monday, March 1, 2010

Old, yet refreshing

This is about a poem i wrote in 1997. I totally forgot this even exists. Found it at my home recently, when i was in India trip. Thanks to mom for preserving my early work :) I was so glad i found it and amused while going through it. I wrote it when Titanic movie had released , when whole world went crazy over it.

This poem describes about Rose's feelings for her love Jack, after his death. There is nothing great about this poem except it connects me to my past self. It is sort of like a page from a personal diary. I always wanted to maintain one personal diary but  feared it might fall into some random hands. With a diary like that you can always fall back in your free time, ponder over and re live your past. I should start writing a personal journal (not referring to a blog here) at least from now since every thing is digital and secured. So that, in future when i have no one to talk to or when i am tired of talking to people around me, i can travel back in time and talk to my past self. Hellooo Shilpa =]

okaaaayyy.....here's the poem..

Jack, its me Rose,
Your hand in my hand
indeed was a big hope
When i looked at you
your eyes were filled with my image
I can clearly not miss you
But i had to leave you in those chilled waters

Years passed on by
But my love for you hasnt gone dry
My promise to you
has not missed its reality
"Rose" with all her color put on,
Waited everyday for
rain to shower on it

You are far away from me
playing with stars
singing along with moon
But you are in my breath
going into my heart and pumping out strength

That night,
While others struggled for their lives
you rescued my lilfe
yes, you rescued, my life, your soul

I owe you for everything
And i promise to repay
waiting for a warm welcome from you......

No comments: